How To Spice Up Your Hair For Spring
Winter is gone and Spring is upon us! If you’re bored with your hairstyle and wanting to spice up your hair for the change of seasons the options are endless. You don’t have to change your color or get the shortest bob. Simply, by adding clip-in extensions you can style your hair so many different ways.
Social media has given us access to the work of so many talented hairstylists. It can be overwhelming and intimidating when we see pictures of so many beautiful hairstyles that seem so farfetched for the regular girl. Thankfully, a lot of those hairstylists share their tips and tricks and having tried some of them myself I have to say they are not as hard to create as they look.
Out of all the tutorials I have shared with you guys in the past, the ones below are the simplest that I have picked out for you. If you don’t have long hair and have commitment phobia, clip-in extensions do not require a long term commitment. They are also very gentle on your hair. Wear them when you want to spice things up.
Tousled Side Braid
This tousled side braid tutorial is the perfect hairstyle for Spring. It’s subtle yet girly, and makes the perfect romantic hairstyle. I love how the hair is swept to one side, giving it that extra bit of drama and romance!
- Gather all of your hair to one side, secure in the back with a bobby pin.
- Section off a three inch section of hair from the top of your part. Leave out any pieces you want framing your face.
- Separate the section of hair into three even sections.
- Begin a regular, three stranded braid incorporating hair from each side in addition to the starting pieces.
- Tie off with a clear elastic, and separate the braid to give it the “tousled” appearance.
Pictured are the 20″ Sunset Blonde Cashmere Hair Extensions.
Fishtail Accented Ponytail
If you have an extra few minutes to spend on your ponytail, this fishtail accent is a beautiful way to spice up the ordinary ponytail! Pictured below are 20″ Cashmere Hair Extensions in the shade Ash Blonde! You’ll need a hair tie & bobby pin for this style! This tutorial is all about the details! The added braid is an eye catching detail that makes this hairstyle different than most.
- Divide your hair into 2 even sections
- Take a thin strand of hair from the right section no more than half an inch wide.
Pull the thin strand up and over the right section towards the left side.
- Tuck the thin strand under the left section. It will now become part of the left section.
- Tug gently on the 2 sections to tighten them. Move your hands up as far as they can go.
- Repeat these steps by taking a thin strand of hair from the left section
- Secure the braid with a hair tie
Easy Peasy Top Knot
Learn this simple technique for a gorgeous top knot and you’ll have your perfect top knot in minutes!
- Place 2 wefts of clip-in hair extensions at the same height of the temple, then pull into a loose ponytail.
- Divide the ponytail into two sections, and twist each section around one another.
- Pull apart the twist pony, and secure with a clear elastic.
- Wrap the ponytail around itself bobby pinning in place. Pull out pieces to frame face. Ta-da! Perfect top knot!
Fishtail And Mini Braid Overlap
This hair tutorial shows you how to do a fishtail braid with a mini braid overtop, creating a beautifully intricate hairstyle! This style looks hard to achieve, but with a bit of practice it actually becomes quite easy! To add length and thickness Makenna is wearing the 20″ Cashmere Hair Clip-In Extensions.
The higher the Ponytail the taller you are! For those will long hair pull your hair up in a ponytail by securing it with a hair tie. Grab a long piece of your hair and wrap it around the ponytail. Secure it with a bobby pin. Tease your hair in the front along with your ponytail for more volume.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
I hope you find these tutorials helpful. Please leave and comments or questions you may have down below.