How To Manage Anxiety During Quarantine
Since we all heard the news about the COVID-19 outbreak, many of us have been advised and have chosen to quarantine in our homes. In hopes that we will flatten the curve and end this pandemic. So many people have lost their jobs, businesses have closed their doors, media overloading us with information. This uncertain time can increase anxiety and overload us with negative thoughts. In this blog I’ll provide you with a few pointers and things you can do from home to manage unwanted feelings and feel positive through out your day.
The good news is that it is Spring and the weather is on our side most of the time, especially If you live in California. When it’s sunny our moods are instantly better and that is why it is critical that you make time to get some sunshine everyday. Not only can the sun be great for your skin (in moderation and with protection!) but it can also be great for your mental health as well. Read below to find out what the sun can do for your health!
- Sunlight lowers cortisol levels, which is also known as the stress hormone. When your body overproduces cortisol as a result of stress, it can increase appetite causing weight gain. A moderate amount of sunlight will help lower these stress levels.
- The Sun helps hair growth from giving our bodies Vitamin D, which is a stimulant for hair growth.
- Sunlight can help lift depression. Many studies have shown the sunshine, especially early morning light has a major benefit for those suffering from seasonal depression.
- The power of sunlight can greatly help with acne, amongst other skin disorders such as eczema, psoriasis, and even fungal infections.
- Sunlight lowers the risk of diabetes, because of the Vitamin D it offers; as Vitamin D acts as a preventative to Diabetes.
These are just a few of the many healthy benefits of the sunlight. Even though beaches and parks are closed you can’t still enjoy a walk outside. If you have a backyard, grab your favorite book and spend 15-20 minutes outside. Don’t forget your SPF!
Superfoods And Vitamins
Maintain your over all health with a diet rich in lean protein, fruit, vegetables, and whole grains. Treating your body to proper nutrition and hydration will increase energy levels, keep your immunity strong and give you more mental clarity.
Strong and healthy mind and body requires that we are not only taking care of it on the outside, but also on the inside! These superfoods and vitamins will keep your body healthy and keep anxiety at bay.
Most people know of the immunity benefits from Vitamin C. It helps the body to produce collagen, which is great for hair, skin and nails! While you can take supplements for Vitamin C, some researchers say it’s best to get it from nutritious food, such as: oranges, brussel sprouts, red bell peppers, broccoli, kale, and strawberries.
While all the B Vitamins are necessary for a healthy body, B12 is the most important of them all. B Vitamins help our bodies with energy, metabolism, muscles, skin, nails and hair. Something to be aware of is that B Vitamins are water soluble, so we have to replenish these vitamins often as our bodies can’t store them. Supplements are available; however, meat, nuts, vegetables, and eggs are great sources for this essential vitamin. Warning signs of being low of B Vitamins include feeling weak or tired, bruising easily, and slow hair growth.
This vitamin is the most commonly known for it’s hair growth benefits. It also helps with skin and nails, making it a great beauty vitamin! Foods that are high in biotin include peanut butter, eggs, salmon and mushrooms.
Have you ever heard of the magical Maca powder? Maca powder has so many benefits, especially for women. Maca contains flavanoids which improve mood and reduce feelings of anxiety and depression. You can add it to your daily smoothie or you can make delicious lates. Learn about what this powder can do for you below!
- Improves Acne – If your acne is related to hormone imbalance, taking Maca can be very a great acne treatment as it balances and regulates hormones.
- IncreasedEnergy – No more tired eyes when taking Maca powder, as it boosts energy levels without stressing the adrenals.
- Muscle Gain – Maca helps increase athletic performance.
- Improves Skin Tone – Maca has a dense nutrient content and a hormone balancing effect on our skin.
- Hair Growth – Maca has typically been used to stimulate hair growth, as well as preventing hair loss.
It’s hard to find motivation to go to the gym let alone working out from home. We know how important exercise is for our wellbeing and that’s we must make time at home to include 20-30 of exercise everyday. We are so fortunate that now we have so many outlets that are available to us any time of the day. You can finds hundreds of different work out you can do from home. Be creative and FaceTime a friend and work out together by taking a virtual class.
This is the perfect time to let your hair breathe. Below you will find 5 easy steps to healthier hair require no money and are easy to implement in your daily routine! They will help your hair stay healthy and strong, which allows your Cashmere Hair clip in extensions to blend better with your natural hair.
- Allow your hair to air dry. Letting your hair air dry will cut your heat styling by 50% which will work wonders for your hair!
- Brush hair gently and only on dry hair. As hair is most fragile when wet, let your hair dry first, then brush it out. If you need to brush while it’s wet, try using a wide toothed comb for maximum gentleness.
- Wash hair once or twice a week if possible. Washing less often will allow the natural oils to nourish hair. Try using a shampoo and conditioner free of sulfates and parabens, which are harmful chemicals to your hair and body.
- Try to limit heat styling and dye hair less often. If you need to heat style every day, make sure to put on a heat protectant first, this will eliminate damage by a landslide. While getting a trim every 6-8 weeks won’t necessarily make your hair grow faster, it will keep the breakage away which will allow for more growth without split ends.
- Since isolation gives us nothing but time try a hair mask. This 3 Ingredient DIY hair mask will help fight frizziness, renew your shine and replenish moisture! This mask is easy to create with ingredients you probably already have at home.
1 Ripe Avocado
1 Tablespoon Organic Honey
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Mash avocado, then stir all ingredients together until completely smooth. Apply all over hair from roots to tips, distributing evenly throughout. Leave in your hair for up to 30 minutes, then shampoo & condition as normal. Use every 1-4 weeks.
Why This Works:
Avocado is loaded with Vitamin E and healthy fats, which will nourish each strand of hair as well as provide a natural sheen. The honey will lock in hair’s moisture, and olive oil will provide shine and even more moisture!
When I take care of my hair and my skin I feel great. Often times when we stress both our skin and hair suffer as a result. We tend to break out more and lose hair more. Take advantage of this time and do that 10 step skin routine you haven’t had time too. Pretend like you are going somewhere and style your hair and put on some make up. In a strange way it will make you feel better and more productive. We will get through this together and I hope these pointers and tips help you and make things a little easier. Please leave a comment below with any feedback.