Hair Extension Do’s & Don’ts
The most popular hair trend right now is clip-in hair extensions, they have pretty much become the norm in Hollywood and offer women the opportunity to get the hair they want, finally. They can make you feel like a million bucks & so extremely glamorous. Hair extensions are excellent for concealing thinning hair or major breakage, or even giving you the length before your real hair grows out. Clip-In hair extensions are among the most popular forms of hair extensions because they are so easy, and anyone can just clip them in. If you are looking to purchase your first set of clip-in extensions, or you are an experienced user, here are some do’s & don’ts of wearing hair extensions!
- DO invest in the right brush for your extensions. A boar bristle brush will keep them from getting damaged from breakage, & they will last much longer. This brush is also great to use for detangling while wearing your hair extensions, with out pulling them out. Try The Cashmere Hair Brush, only $24.95
- DO choose hair extensions that match perfectly with your hair color. You don’t want them to be noticeable from the rest of your natural hair! Even if you hair has highlights, or is ombre, Cashmere Hair has over 19 different shades to choose from, and even have sample Swatches you can pre order to make sure that you select the right shade. Click Here To Shop SWATCHES.
- DON’T just throw your extensions in a plastic bag, in a drawer or leave on your nightstand all night when you aren’t wearing them. Hanging them up when they are not in use is so important for proper care. Using a hanger to clamp the top of the tracks together so that they hang, stay tangle free, and even hold their style for the next day is a must! Not only does Cashmere Hair make a gorgeous little hanger that is perfect for storing your clip-ins, it also comes with a bag that covers the hanger and extensions to protect them if you want to take them on the go….to the salon, in your suitcase, or to your wedding! It fits over the hanger and the hair similar to how a dress would fit into a garment bag. Store your clip-ins the right way & Shop Cashmere Hair’s Luxury Bag for only $24.99!
- DO buy HUMAN HAIR extensions because they look the most natural & can be styled just like your own hair. Remy hair is currently the best on the market, but there is also Superior Grades of Remy hair, look for double drawn hair & make sure they have small clips. Cashmere Hair uses only the highest graded A+ superior quality Remy human hair available. Cashmere Hair is double drawn providing thickness from roots to ends & uses the best quality thread for the sewing process to ensure the wefts are secure with minimal shedding.
- DO wash your extensions with salon quality, sulfate & sodium chloride free shampoo. Make sure that it is also a moisturizing shampoo since extensions are usually more abused than your own natural hair. ALWAYS condition your extensions to make them easier to detangle and to moisturize them to prevent them from tangling & keeping them smooth.
- Do use distilled water to wash your extensions. Since a lot of locations in the USA have very HARD water with a lot of minerals in it, that can get deposited on your hair making them feel rough, dry and tangled, we recommend washing and rinsing your hair extensions in distilled water (available at grocery stores in the bottled water section.) This gives your hair a clean, soft feel, and keeps them from getting mineral deposits on them. You will notice that your shampoo lathers much better, so a little bit will go a long way.
- DO try clip in versions! The clip-in version of hair extensions are more beneficial for many reasons. You have more flexibility with styling, more comfort and convenience, they’re less expensive, and not subject to routine maintenance. Permanent extensions that are sewn in, clamped, glued or taped can be very damaging, expensive, tough to work with, and found to be itchy and uncomfortable to wear.
- Do treat your hair extensions even better than your actual tresses. Hair extensions can last you for years with proper care, so handle them with love and apply deep conditioning treatments once a month. And use a shine spray to add luster, smooth & detangle your clip-in extensions on a weekly basis. This will maximize your investment and maintain a glossy and smooth appearance. Try Cashmere Hair’s Extension Shine Spray $14.99 for best results.
- DON’T clip in your hair extensions to high up on your head. Cashmere Hair specially designed their tracks to be worn low on your head. This helps to conceal the tracks, and there is less chance of anyone ever seeing that you are wearing them. The lower the better.
- DON’T swim with, or bathe while wearing your hair extensions. This may seem like a no-brainer for some, but we get asked this question a lot. If you want to keep them looking their best, and lasting the longest, keep them away from salt water & chemicals. And bathing with them will only cause them to tangle with your natural hair, which won’t be good for your hair or your extensions. Submerging the clips for long periods of time in water can also damage the clips on the tracks. It’s just not a good idea.